The all new Eezi-Awn Globe Tracker is the ultimate in trailer tent luxury. It is made using the same design foundation as the legendary Series 3 models, but offers a few changes that make it perfect for trailers with lower heights (62" (1600mm) minimum) or the bed of your truck.
Globe Tracker vs Series 3 : The Similarities
- Both tents are made by the same great craftsmen at Eezi-Awn's factory.
- The sleeping platforms are made of the same material.
- The netting used in all the windows and doors is the same weight and density.
- Both models utilize YKK© zippers.
- They both offer the same thickness PVC rainfly material.
- The material in the PVC covers is the same, too.
- The ladders are identical.
- Both models can be used on the roof of a vehicle or trailer.
Globe Tracker vs Series 3 : The Differences
You may be asking yourself, "Why can't I use a Roof Top Tent on my trailer?" and that's a great question. This is where the Globe Tracker Trailer Tent shines. A trailer by default is shorter in height than the roof of a vehicle. While some roof top tents are compatible, such as the Series 3 or Jazz, others, like the XKLUSIV T-Top or Fun, would sit too low; as a result, the door height is sacrificed by multiple feet and the wall panels will leave material dragging on the ground, shortening the tent's overall life. There is also a ground cover, not attached to the wall set, made from very thick PVC mesh that lays on the ground over the attached floor piece, providing a good seal between the wall and the floor. It cleans quickly with a good shake and doesn't dirty up the rest of the tent when being stored.
The Globe Tracker was specifically designed to solve these problems by creating extrusions on an elevated angle (10-degree pitch), not a flat roofline, so that the walk-in door remains at the 6'4" height and the wall panels don't drag. This design is also particularly nice because the bed doesn't require folding, allowing the mattress to be 50% thicker than others. Despite that the Series 3 or Jazz could be used on a trailer, neither of these models can accommodate an Add-A-Room, an additional 470 square feet of enclosed space, making the Globe Tracker an even more ideal option. The overall result is a spacious two level tent that can sleep 4 adults comfortably. It requires the support of at least 3 load bars and can be mounted for entry from either side of your trailer.
Spotlight : Overland Journal, Winter 2018 IssueSHIPPINGDue to the size and weight of this item, we will only ship within the continental U.S. using truck freight.COMMERCIAL FREIGHTPlease note that free shipping only applies to delivery at a commercial address with a loading dock and pallet jack or fork lift.RESIDENTIAL FREIGHTUnfortunately certain items are ineligible for residential delivery. If you plan to ship to a residential address and the product is authorized to ship to a residential address, you will be charged an additional fee which is not automatically applied at checkout. Please write "Residential" in the notes section and we will contact you with a quote. If you do not make this denotation, you are responsible for all related fees and potentially the original shipping charge.
Globe Tracker Features
- Vertical Mesh & Privacy Panels Separate Elevated Mattress from Ground-Level Room
- Large Ground-Level Changing Room
- Series 1000 Awning Integrated into Roofline
- 1 External Door with Mesh & Privacy Panels
- 2 Large Mattress-Level Windows with Mesh & Privacy Panels
- 2 Large Window Shades
- 4 Pockets Under Windows
- 3-1/4" Thick Hi-Density Foam Mattress Covered in African-Printed Fabric
- Ratchet Strap Incorporated into Cover
- Storage Bag for Walls & Ground Cover
Globe Tracker Construction
- Single-Piece Sleeping Platform
- Dual-Level Enclosed Structure
- Trailer-High Mounting
- Door-Entry Height of 6+ Feet
- Angled Roofline Provides Same Door Entry Height
- 420 gram Poly-Cotton Canvas Woven with Impregnated Heavy-Duty Wax Thread
- 50/50 Poly-Cotton Ripstop Weave
- 80% Mesh Screen with Trapezoidal Microfiber
- Colorfast Dye
- Double Stitched Throughout with Wax-Coated Cotton Thread
- Heavy-Duty Anodized Aluminum Extrusions
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- Polyurethane-Encased Hardwood Panels
- Spring Steel Rainfly & Window Rods
- Patented Anodized Aluminum Extension Ladder
- Nylon Reinforced Clips
- YYK© Zippers
- Elevated PVC Rainfly with Reinforced Rainfly Mounts
- Full-Time Tent Peak Ventilation
- 700 Denier PVC Roof Tent Cover with Welded Seams & 5 year UV-rating
Globe Tracker Specifications
Closed : 83" L x 59" W x 7" H | 2100mm L x 1500mm W x 1850mm H
Open (Includes Ground-Level Room) : 83" L x 152" W x 118" H | 2100mm L x 3800mm W x 1500mm H
Ground-Level Room : 83" L x 93" W | 2400mm L x 1500mm W
Weight (Including Ladder) 165 lbs | 75 kg Mattress Queen
Clearance : Add 2-3" (50-75mm) to closed dimensions to accommodate for fabric cover.
Globe Tracker FAQs
We offer Free Shipping in the contiguous United States on all products from our South African brands.
- National Luna
We also offer Free Commercial Shipping for Goose Gear. Please note that order cancellations on Goose Gear products are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Orders to Alaska and Hawaii may require additional charges.
ALUBOXAluBox cases size 10L to 175L will be shipped to a residential or commercial address for a fee.
Due to the size and weight of the larger boxes (size 192L and larger), we will only ship within the contiguous U.S. using truck freight. We will ship to any commercial address with a fork lift or a loading dock, or a freight facility close to you for pick up. This can be unloaded on a dock with a pallet jack.
The shipping fee is based on the size of the case you are purchasing. If you purchase multiple cases, our staff will assess the shipping cost on a per order basis and refund what we can if the cost is more than what we charged you online.
ESCAPE GEARAll Escape Gear products are custom-made and built one at a time in Cape Town, South Africa. This means that they also ship directly from Cape Town to you using FedEx. We cut out the middle man to ensure shipping rates were not higher than necessary, but due to the international travel required, shipping prices may come as a surprise, but we assure you the product is well worth it!
Our best estimate for delivery of these single-batch products is 6-8 weeks.
- Seat Covers: $115
- Saddle Bags, Spare Tire Covers, Dash Covers & Transmission Covers: $40
Please note that there is a 4-6 week production lead time on all Trail Kitchen products. Trail Kitchen Van Kitchen and Mini Van Kitchen products are shipped by truck freight from the manufacturer. This pricing can vary between $150 to $500 per package based on distance and destination. You will checkout with a zero cost shipping payment and we will contact you with an exact quote and collect payment at that time. All other products ship at a flat rate of $55 at checkout.
Return, Exchange, and Cancellation Policies
- If your order contains incorrect products or has been damaged in transit, documentation and photos are required within 72 hours of receiving the order.
- If you are dissatisfied with the product once your order is received, you are solely responsible for return shipping costs.
- Products must be returned in original packaging and adequately protected for carrier handling. Returned product will be inspected for damage or evidence that it was installed. Upon return, Goose Gear, in its sole discretion, will assess product’s condition for resale. A restocking fee of 20% will be applied to the amount. If product is not resalable, we cannot accept a return.
- Once an order is placed, if that order is canceled within its predicted production timetable, you will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
- Original Purchaser is eligible for warranty coverage with valid proof of purchase.
- All warranty issues will be resolved directly by Goose Gear and End User, where it applies. Goose Gear will communicate directly with End User to review defect and extend appropriate remedies as warranted.
NO MORE, NO LESS
The products we carry vary in size and weight as much as your delivery location. In light of this fact, we will charge you only what it costs us to ship to you, no more and no less. Unless otherwise requested, we will select a shipping option that minimizes cost. We will inform you of the cost of shipping as reasonably soon as possible. We will be happy to ship via Next Day Air, Second Day Air, or Three Day Select if you request it and are willing to pay for it.
You spent money on it and we want to ensure its safe delivery. All of our shipments are delivered with a required signature unless otherwise specified. Please contact us if you would like to remove this feature from your order. This service is complimentary.
Please be aware that larger items, including Eezi-Awn tents and racks and Goose Gear storage solutions, which are too large for traditional ground shipping, will require truck freight for delivery, and custom items shipping internationally are not eligible. We offer Free Domestic Shipping on these items to a commercial address. Roof Top Tents will require a loading dock or fork lift or a freight terminal close by for pick up. Roof Racks will require the ability to receive a large platform box; however Rack Feet and Rack Rail can be shipped to your residence. If you order a tent or rack from our website, contact us by phone or email and we will work with you to secure the most economical delivery of your product we can.
If you plan to ship to a residential address and the product is authorized to ship to a residential address, you will be charged an additional fee which is not automatically applied at checkout. Please write "Residential" in the notes section and we will contact you with a quote. If you do not make this denotation, you are responsible for all related fees and potentially the original shipping charge.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPINGEquipt is the North American distributor for Eezi-Awn, National Luna, and Alubox. We have contractual agreements with our vendors to not ship products outside North America. An option for you would be to ship our products to a freight forwarder within the US, where you can arrange to continue their journey to your shores.We do offer shipping to Canada. Shipping expenses will apply on all lines. Contact us directly for costs to ship to your Canadian address. We will not be responsible for any duties or fees associated with crossing the Canadian border to your residence. We ship a lot of products to independent packaging stores all along the US/Canadian border, for Canadian customers to pick up on our side. This option is very cost effective, if you have the opportunity to come to the US.TURN AROUND TIMEWe always work to ship every order as quickly as possible, but we're a small team and we ask that you read our shipping policy so that we can set the right expectations.
Unless an expedited shipping method is requested, it's best to assume that from the time we receive your order during our office hours, Monday through Friday, and add it to our queue, it takes our team a few business days to start preparing your shipment. There is also the additional shipping time based on your location from our warehouse in Salt Lake City. These transit maps offer a helpful timeline for most orders:
Please note that we do not handle or ship orders over the weekend.
Shipping around the holidays can get a little crazy. We do our best to get your packages out within 48 hours, but once they leave our warehouse, it's in the hands of our carriers to handle the rest. Often times they experience delays and unforeseen weather. The best way to ensure your package arrives by a certain date is to expedite the shipping, not wait until the last minute, and even order a few extra days in advance.
These "last day to order" deadlines are your best bet. We promise to ship within the timelines given to us by our carriers, but these are only guidelines and cannot guarantee on-time delivery 100% (regardless if expedited is selected):
- Ground & Freight: December 13th
- 2nd Day Air: December 18th
- Next Day Air: December 19th
If your order did not arrive accurately, we will pay the return shipping charges and refund to you the amount of shipping you paid on that particular product. If you received what you ordered but are dissatisfied with it, you will be responsible to pay the return shipping charges and the initial shipping charge.
Please note that order cancellations on Goose Gear products are subject to a 20% restocking fee.