The K9 Roof Rack System from Eezi-Awn is a revolutionary advancement in expedition-style racks; it is thinner, lighter, stronger, quieter, more functional, more aerodynamic, more durable, and more aesthetically complimentary to your vehicle than the competition.
Capacity of the K9 roof rack system is broken into two measurements, static weight and dynamic weight. Static is when the vehicle is stationary. Dynamic is when the vehicle is in motion. We have not tested the K9 racks on vehicles to the point of roof failure. We can tell you what we have tested ourselves effectively. A dynamic capacity in the range of 500 pounds is possible. A static capacity of 1000 pounds is possible. An example of static load increase would be adding people in the tent on the roof. Please understand these capacities are on vehicles that have modified suspensions designed to manage this amount of weight. They are not a warrantied or guaranteed capacity. Your load capacity will vary.
Installation of this rack system can be done by one person in approximately 1-½ to 2 hours. Help lifting the platform on the roof would be appreciated. You start by locating and installing mounting points under the pinch weld trim on each side of the cab, then attach the K9 mounting rail to the roof, followed by a full set of feet, and finally a platform on top. Please see our Eezi-Awn K9 Tundra Cab Rack video for a more in depth explanation. Written instructions are also provided with each rack system.
The 1.4M Double Cab Rack, and the 1.6M Crew Max Rack use the full length mounting rail, utilizing 4 mounting points for the 1.4M and 5 mounting points for the 1.6M. The 1.4M rack comes with (6) feet, (4) 40mm rear feet, and (2) 50mm front feet. The 1.6M rack comes with (8) feet, (6) 40mm rear feet, and (2) 50mm front feet.
The Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Rack System comes with a complete array of bolt on accessories. Jerry Can holders, Axe mounts, Shovel mounts, Hi-Lift Mounts, Max Trax Mounts, Awning Mounts, Under Rack Table mounts, and much more. Take a look at the accessories page to see all our options.
Thule & Yakima Compatible
The K9 Roof Rack is also the only overlanding rack on the market that is easily compatible with your existing Thule or Yakima sports bar mounts for bikes, kayaks, etc. With store-accessible 6mm hardware that attaches to the K9's perimeter, your hobbies won't become obsolete with your "old gear."
K9 Tundra Roof Rack Features
- Fully Welded 1-3/8"H Low-Profile Platform
- Lightweight All Aluminum Construction
- All Components Are Anodized And Powder Coated Matte Black
- 5-1/8" Wide M8 T-Slot Slats, Running Front to Back
- Semi-Elliptical Bottom Cross Braces To Reduce Wind Noise
- M6 T-Slot Around Top Perimeter With Rounded Top Edge
- 5 Lengths and 3 Widths Of Platform Available
- Multiple Mounting Configurations Including Gutterless/Gutter/OEM Rack Mounts
- Full Complement of K9 Roof Rack Accessories For Top/Bottom/Side Mount
- Infinite Gear Organization Configurations
- Includes All Installation Components & Hardware
- Drilling Required
- Tundra Double Cab Rack: 1400mm (50”)W x 1400mm (50”)L x 1.375”H
- Tundra Crew Max Rack: 1400mm (50”)W x 1600mm (50”)L x 1.375”H
- Rack Height: 4” above seam between doors
- Weight: Double Cab: 50lbs, Crew Max: 55lbs