STARTING AT $13,200
Functionality, comfort, and durability.
Check out our current AT Overland Topper Available Inventory, where we have units available with much shorter lead times.
Continuing our tradition of designing purposeful high-quality equipment for overland travel, AT Overland Equipment unveils the all-new Summit™ truck top camper. The Summit™ provides a durable, insulated and lightweight wedge-style pop-up shell for today’s fuel-efficient trucks, while still leaving room for individual customization. The Summit™ sleeps two with enough interior room for one to stand when another person is in the bed. The Summit™ can be deployed with 100 lbs. of cargo on the roof.
Filling the void between the traditional truck topper and slide-in camper, one person can easily open the cavernous and functional interior in 30 seconds. 8 feet of headroom is available under the insulated composite roof at the highest point, with 6 feet at the lowest point.
The 340 lb Summit™ is made from the same lightweight aluminum and honeycomb composite as the proven Habitat™ topper. This advanced construction provides insulation while adding strength and a surface that can be fitted with flush-threaded fasteners for attaching a variety of gear. Opening and closing is facilitated by robust gas springs and remains stable in event of high winds or snow loads. The locking rear liftgate and top-latches keep gear secure. Double pane acrylic windows and skylights are available to let light in and keep weather out. These Euro-style openings feature retractable bug screens and thermal curtains. For external gear access, upward-opening weathertight locking cargo doors are available.
The 48″x 80″ (the length of a queen size bed) sleeping platform features a 2.5″ thick mattress that pivots upwards assisted by gas springs. Out of the way when not in use, it easily pulls down when it’s time for bed. There is enough room between the sleeping platform and the closed roof of the Summit™ to leave bedding in place, making the Summit™ amazingly convenient to use and easy to deploy. With the sleeping platform lowered, the remaining open standing area of 48" x 38″ allows another person to move around in the truck bed or access the sleeping platform without disturbing the sleeper.
The Summit™ features a durable fire-retardant canvas tent that is breathable and waterproof. For cold weather, an optional fire-retardant, light-blocking, Thinsulate™ liner is available with matching window openings and a R value of 1.4 (34º to 36º heat retention). This thoughtful combination of materials makes the Summit™ a comfortable space, whatever the weather.
Base price starts at $13,200.
Summit™ Standard Features, Detailed Pricing, Specifications, Options, and Gallery can be found below.
- Easy 30 second deployment and stowage
- Sleeps 2 standard
- Built in mattress on lift assisted platform
- Insulated sleeping platform and shell walls with carpet covering
- Bedding can remain in place when closed
- All aluminum & composite construction
- Roof can be walked on (600 lbs max)
- Locking lift gate
- Built in wiring raceways
- Ruggedly designed for 4×4 travel
- All season tent with no-see-um mesh windows, clear vinyl and privacy panels
- Standard color: Clear coated aluminum.
(Base finish is protective clear coat on raw 5052 aluminum, light surface scuffing can be expected from manufacturing handling. If a scuff free surface is required, paint option is recommended).
- Wax impregnated and fire retardant cotton/poly canvas
- Stainless Steel hardware
- .060″ 5052 CNC formed aluminum
- Base weight: 340 lbs
- Roof weight capacity for accessory loading (i.e bike, kayaks etc.): 100 lbs
- Sleeping platform capacity: 600 lbs
– 32.75″ tall with roof Bars, 32.25″ Tall with Track only (add 2″ for Full-size trucks, add 4″ for F250/350)
Upper Tent Section:
– 53″ Wide at top
– 124″ Long at top
– 8" Thick
– Gladiator: length 62.75”, width 61”, height 34.25”
– Mid-size length at base: 5′ = 64.375 & 6′ = 76.375″
– Mid-size width at base: 64″
– Mid-size height: 31.25”
– Full-size length at base: 5.5′ = 67.5″ & 6.5′ = 79″ & 6.75′ = 84″ & 8' = 99.5"
– Full-size width at base: 70″
– Full size height for 5.5’ & 6.5’ = 33.25”
– Full size height for 6.75” & 8’ = 35.25”
- 80″ x 48″ x 2.5″ Hi-Density Foam Mattress with washable cover
- 96″ Standing room at Rear, 72″ Standing room at front (add 2″ for Full Size Trucks)
- 51″ of headroom over bed area
Cabover length for Jeep Gladiator:
-26″ from top of truck bed to underside of cabover
Cabover Length for 5′ & 6′ Mid-size Trucks (Tacoma, Colorado, Frontier):
- 51″ on 6′ bed, 63″ on 5′ bed
- 23″ from top of truck bed to underside of cabover
Cabover Length for 5.5′ & 6.5′ Full-size Trucks (Tundra, Ram, F-150, Silverado):
- 50″ on 6.5′ bed, 62″ on 5.5′ bed
- 25″ from top of truck bed to underside of cabover
Cabover Length for 6.75′ Full-size Trucks F-250 & 350:
- 46″ on 6.75′ bed
- 27″ from top of truck bed to underside of cabover
Cabover length for 8′ Full-size Trucks:
The AT Summit™ is now available in the following configurations:
- 5' Jeep Gladiator 2019+
- 5’ & 6’ bed Tacoma, 1995 to present
- 5′ & 6″ bed Colorado and Canyon
- 5.5′ bed Tundra, Ram 1500 & 2500, Ford F-150 and Raptor
- 6.5′ bed Tundra, Ram 1500 & 2500 and Ford F-150
- 6.75′ bed Ford F-250, F-350
- 8' Tundra, Ram 1500, 2500, and 3500, Ford F-150, F-250, and F-350
Our payment terms are:
- 20% upon commencement of Production
- Balance of 80% due upon completion.
- Finance with 20% down and up to 60 month terms.
Summits are built to order only.
Please contact us for current lead times.